Utah's high school cross country season will be here before you know it and MileSplit Utah is looking for passionate individuals to join our already strong team of talented contributors across the State.
We want to cover as many meets and athletes as possible, and we need your help to do it.
MileSplitUT is looking for videographers, interviewers, photographers, and writers to help us cover and promote the cross country and track and field athletes from our state!
We are especially looking for help in or around the following locations:
- Northern Utah - Logan, Smithfield, Tremonton, Brigham City, etc.
- Davis County - Layton, Farmington, Bountiful, Kaysville, etc.
- Salt Lake County - Murray, West Valley, Herriman, Draper, etc.
- Utah County - Provo, Orem, Lehi, Spanish Fork, etc.
- Eastern Utah - Vernal, Price, Roosevelt, Moab, etc.
- Southern Utah - Cedar, Hurricane, St. George, Washington, etc.
Our positions are paid on an event-by-event basis, and your responsibilities could include:
- Written features, previews, recaps, athlete Q&As, and more
- Race footage
- Photo Galleries
- Post-event interviews with athletes and coaches
- Social Media content
The needs noted above will be discussed directly with the successful applicants by our state site editor.
If you're interested in becoming a contributor for MileSplit Utah, please contact Joshua Ornelas (email@example.com) and include the following information relating to your experiences with ...
- Knowledge of our sports of cross country and track and field
- Friday/Saturday availability to cover meets on our behalf
- Any questions you have about the position
Prior to contacting us, please remember that you must have the following equipment depending on what type of contributor role you are seeking:
- Computer to write and edit articles
- Internet access
- Access to videography and photography equipment (we do not provide devices)
- An ability to quickly apply the material that you acquire at meets to our site (same day is preferred)
- Accessibility to attend meets on Saturdays (when the majority of big meets take place), and potentially Fridays
- Reliable transportation
Interested in joining our team? E-mail MileSplit UT State Editor Joshua Ornelas at:
* * *
MileSplitUT is part of a national network of state-specific websites that cover high school cross country and track and field. MileSplit is a division of FloSports.