Claim Your MileSplit Utah Profile! (It's Free!)
An updated MileSplit Utah top 10 girls team cross country rankings for the entire state of Utah after the fourth week of competition in the 2021 season.
1. American Fork - American Fork remains undefeated after winning their biggest meet of the year at the Timpanogos XC Invitational. They gapped the field and placed their top 3 in the top 10, all of them were 18:33 or better for 5000m. AF is the team to beat this year!
2. Lone Peak - Lone Peak has finished with back-to-back runner-up finishes to in region rival American Fork these past two weeks. Taylor Rohatinsky has emerged as the team's front runner and finished well at the UIAAA invite where she was second to Avalon Mecham. Katie Bybee and Eliza Mason round out the Knights' top 3 and this is a formidable bunch to challenge AF for the remainder of the season.
3. Springville - Springville has been led early by its underclassmen of Emily Sumsion (So) and Savannah Galbraith (Fr) who are both under 19:10 for 5000m. With the addition of Adri Bird from Monticello and top returner Sarah Galbraith, this Springville team has the talent to mix things up with the two teams listed above.
4. Westlake - Westlake finished third overall at the UIAAA Invitational behind Lone Peak and American Fork, and average a 19:18 three-mile for the meet. They are led by junior Shelby Jensen who has come close to breaking that 18-minute barrier for three miles. Region 4 once again has boasted its talent by placing four teams in our top 10 rankings!
5. Timpanogos - Timpanogos showed up and performed well at their invitational placing fourth in arguably one of the biggest meets we'll have this season. Timpanogos average a 19:26 for 5000m and outperformed other previously ranked teams such as Orem, Riverton, Herriman, and Pine View.
6. Timpview - Timpview finished fifth at the Timpanogos XC Invitational averaging 19:26 for 5000m. Timpview also has an excellent young core of talented underclassmen leading them Mckayla Boulton (So), and Jane Hedengren (Fr). Timpview had four underclassmen in their top 5 and this is some great experience for one of the youngest varsity squads in the state!
8. Corner Canyon - Corner Canyon rounds out that fourth spot from Region 4 and has been extremely competitive in big meets so far this season. They followed up a fourth-place finish at UIAAA with a seventh-place finish at the Timpanogos XC Invitational this past weekend. Corner Canyon had an impressive 38 second split between their 1-5 which was the second-best split in the Elite Varsity girls race.
9. Farmington - Farmington won the Top of Utah XC Invitational this past weekend and they were led by freshman Skye Siddoway was fifth overall in the meet. Farmington ended up with three athletes in the top ten and finished 11 points ahead of Mountain Ridge.
10. Mountain Ridge - Mountain Ridge rounds out our top 10 for this week after their runner-up performance to Farmington at the Top of Utah XC Invitational. Mountain Ridge was led by Taylor Jorgensen who finished fourth overall in the meet. Mountain Ridge also placed fifth at the UIAAA Invitational the weekend before.