Name: Dallin Hancock
School: Pine View
- What was your most memorable race/throw/jump/vault/moment?
My junior year I injured my hip my very first meet of the season and ended up being out for 8 weeks! When I was finally cleared, I competed at the orem time trials. I beat my old PR by over a foot and qualified for state for the first time.
- Who would you consider your biggest competition over your four years?
With long jump I would say my biggest competition was probably Braden Esplin because he snagged region from me last year. In high jump it would be Ammon Smith.
- What was your greatest accomplishment?
My greatest accomplishment would be jumping over 21 feet in the long jump!
- If you could do it all over again what would you change about your running career in high school?
I would care more when I was younger. It doesn't last forever and I didn't put as much work in as I could have in my earlier years of high school.
- What were the most difficult obstacles you had to overcome?
My hip injury definitely was the biggest one for me. It set me back both physically and mentally. Luckily I was able to make it through both these aspects of the obstacle and come out stronger!
- What will you miss the most?
I will definitely miss the atmosphere of track and field. That feeling when you are about to jump and you just feel everything go calm even though everyone is around you. That feeling of excitement of driving to meets and getting hyped up to compete as a team is one of the greatest things about track
- What advice would you give to younger athletes?
Put in the work! Don't hesitate to ask questions to the older kids. If there's an event that you really wanna do and get good at, do it!
- What influence has your coach had with respect to your performance and overall life goals?
My coach has always been there to cheer me on and to be positive when I may not have been. He has had a big impact on how I will look at future obstacles and challenges.
- What are your college plans?
I'll be going to the University of Utah and entering into the medical field.
- Who would you like to say 'thank you' to?
I would like to thank everyone who comes and supports me, the team, and our coaches. I know that when we have more people watching us we preform better and the overall atmosphere is so fun. Mostly I wanna thank my Mom and my family for always being there for me and always showing up to my meets no matter where they are.