The first program of its kind to identify, recognize and award the future stars and faces of the sport, Hoka One One and MileSplit will showcase the best underclassmen runners of high school cross country this fall.
Conner Mantz from Sky View High School in Utah blogs for us with summer training schedule as he returns for his senior season of cross country as a two-time Foot Locker All-American and New Balance Nationals Indoor 5K champion.
First summer training blog entry from Lucy Biles, a rising senior at Herriman High School in Utah. Biles is a returning Foot Locker All-American (7th in 2013 national race) and returns to racing this fall after posting track times from this past spring of 2:11 in the 800, 4:50 in the mile, and 10:32 in the 3200. Biles shares with us her first weeks of summer training.
Pre-season scouting report on the Davis High School boys and girls cross country teams of Utah.
Click here to watch the promo video for NXR-SW!
The preseason rankings for the Southwest region are in!
Pre-season scouting report on a national powerhouse cross country program in the American Fork boys of Utah.
A list of the top 25 fastest returning girls cross country teams within the states of the NXN Southwest Region including Arizona, Colorado, Nevada, New Mexico, and Utah.
A list of the top 25 fastest returning boys cross country teams within the states of the NXN Southwest Region including Arizona, Colorado, Nevada, New Mexico, and Utah.
The fastest returning girls runners within the Foot Locker West Region for the upcoming 2014 cross country season between the states of Alaska, Arizona, California, Hawaii, Idaho, Montana, Nevada, New Mexico, Oregon, Utah, Washington, and Wyoming.
The fastest returning boys runners within the Foot Locker West Region for the upcoming 2014 cross country season between the states of Alaska, Arizona, California, Hawaii, Idaho, Montana, Nevada, New Mexico, Oregon, Utah, Washington, and Wyoming.
Most (though not all) of the boys at the front of last year's pack have graduated, but the teams at the front of the pack will ring familiar. Colorado Track XC file photo by Alan Versaw.
For most high school cross country teams, summer is a season unto itself. Teenage runners may be on vacation—working jobs, taking family trips, going to the beach—but if they don’t run virtually every day in a calculated program to build a mountain of fitness, you can throw fall success out the window. (via Runner's World)
- SUU High School Invite 2014
- Premier Cross Country Invitational 2014
- Congrats to Conner Mantz
- Article Comment: Utah HS Track & Field State Championships - Boys Virtual Meet Preview
- Weber State results
- Indoor and Outdoor Results
- Article Comment: Quick Takes from State
- Utah State XC Championship 2013
- Coaching Clinic- Vigil , Gambetta and Freeman
- Article Comment: Utah State XC Championship: 5A Girls Preview
- Sarah Feeny to University of Utah
- Nathan Stringham to Pomona-Pitzer
- Melissa Kunz to Southern Utah University
- Courtney Allred to Southern Utah University
- Katlyn Baker to Southern Utah University
- Dallon Didericksen to Southern Utah University
- Sharlie Dimick to Southern Utah University
- Ashley Tyndall to Southern Utah University
- Hailey Stevens to Weber State
- Mike Buckley to Weber State