The fastest returning boys runners within the Foot Locker West Region for the upcoming 2014 cross country season between the states of Alaska, Arizona, California, Hawaii, Idaho, Montana, Nevada, New Mexico, Oregon, Utah, Washington, and Wyoming.
Most (though not all) of the boys at the front of last year's pack have graduated, but the teams at the front of the pack will ring familiar. Colorado Track XC file photo by Alan Versaw.
Conner Mantz from Sky View High School in Utah blogs for us with summer training schedule as he returns for his senior season of cross country as a two-time Foot Locker All-American and New Balance Nationals Indoor 5K champion.
First summer training blog entry from Lucy Biles, a rising senior at Herriman High School in Utah. Biles is a returning Foot Locker All-American (7th in 2013 national race) and returns to racing this fall after posting track times from this past spring of 2:11 in the 800, 4:50 in the mile, and 10:32 in the 3200. Biles shares with us her first weeks of summer training.
For most high school cross country teams, summer is a season unto itself. Teenage runners may be on vacation—working jobs, taking family trips, going to the beach—but if they don’t run virtually every day in a calculated program to build a mountain of fitness, you can throw fall success out the window. (via Runner's World)
Many of the early leaders of last year's field have graduated, but that doesn't translate into a race that's any less competitive this year. Colorado Track XC file photo by Alan Versaw.
Tyler Pennel competes in the World Half Marathon Championships earlier this year. Contributed photo.
Effective with the 2015 high school track and field season, the prohibition of jewelry will be eliminated. This was one of several rules changes recommended by the National Federation of State High School Associations (NFHS) Track and Field Rules Committee at its June 16-18 meeting in Indianapolis. The committee’s recommendations were subsequently approved by the NFHS Board of Directors.
Ogden senior Sarah Feeny, who showed herself to be one of the nation's premier milers after coming down from altitude with sub 4:40 wins at the adidas Dream Mile and Brooks PR Invite mile, was recently selected to the MileSplit All-American team in the girls mile among the 8 best runners in the event nationally.
A list of the top 100 fastest returning boys cross country runners in the country based on their season best 5K times from last year in the MileSplit database.
As the 2014 outdoor season wraps up, we look ahead to the top 50 boys returnees in the nation for next year's outdoor season (2015).
Top 50 girls returnees in the nation for next year's outdoor season (2015).
A list of the top 50 freshmen boys performers in each event nationally from the 2014 outdoor track & field season.
- Congrats to Conner Mantz
- Article Comment: Utah HS Track & Field State Championships - Boys Virtual Meet Preview
- Weber State results
- Indoor and Outdoor Results
- Article Comment: Quick Takes from State
- Utah State XC Championship 2013
- Coaching Clinic- Vigil , Gambetta and Freeman
- Article Comment: Utah State XC Championship: 5A Girls Preview
- Article Comment: Utah State XC Championships- 4A Girls Preview
- Article Comment: Utah State XC Championships: 4A Boys Preview
- Sarah Feeny to University of Utah
- Nathan Stringham to Pomona-Pitzer
- Katlyn Baker to Southern Utah University
- Dallon Didericksen to Southern Utah University
- Sharlie Dimick to Southern Utah University
- Ashley Tyndall to Southern Utah University
- Melissa Kunz to Southern Utah University
- Courtney Allred to Southern Utah University
- Hailey Stevens to Weber State
- Mike Buckley to Weber State