We are very happy to invite you to the 25th Annual Weber State University Developmental Indoor Track and Field Meet. The meet will be held in the Stromberg Health and Physical Education Center on Friday-Saturday, January 19-20, 2018. The field events will be competed on Friday beginning at 4:30 p.m. and the track events will be competed on Saturday beginning at 9:00 a.m.
MEET INFORMATION AND ENTRY INSTRUCTIONS1. Registration - Entries will be through www.runnercard.com - Registration will close at 8:00pm on Thursday,
January 18. Registration is $4 per event and $12 per relay. Individuals who register will need to pay online at the
time of registration; a transaction fee will be included. Teams who register will need to pay by check or cash at
the meet (checks made out to "Weber State Track & Field").
2. Late Registration - Registration on the day of the meet will be $10 for the first event and $4 for any additional
events. Late registration will take place at the bullpen.
3. Seeding - We will seed the events based on the marks entered at registration. All heats will be seeded with the
top athletes in the first heats. All flights in the field events will be seeded with the top athletes in the final flight.
4. Bullpen - Athletes should report to the bullpen 20 minutes prior to the start of their event. The bullpen will be
located at the north end of the arena. Field event athletes should report to the field event for check in 20
minutes prior to the event.
5. Entrance and Parking - Entrance both days is at the south, lower level doors near the soccer field. Parking for
buses and cars in the in the lot west of the football stadium.
6. Spectators - Admission will be $5 for all spectators (14 and older). Coaches will not be charged.
7. Results - Results will be posted at the meet and will be available online at www.runnercard.com at the
conclusion of the events.
8. Starting Heights - Starting Heights and progressions will be as follows:
Girls Pole Vault - 6'06, 7'06, 8'06, 9'06, 10'06, 11'06, 12'00, 12'06, etc.
Boys Pole Vault - 9'06, 10'06, 11'06, 12'00, 12'06, 13'00, etc.
Girls High Jump - 4'02, increase by 2"
Boys High Jump - 5'04, increase by 2"
*All Shot Put and Long Jump marks will be measured (no minimum marks)
9. Awards - T-shirts will be awarded to the top 3 finishers in each event and the top team in the relays.
10. Spikes - We have been given permission from the Stromberg Arena to allow the use spikes (1/4" pyramid) on
Friday in the jumping events (High Jump, Long Jump, Pole Vault). However, No Spikes will be allowed in the
arena on Saturday because of quantity of athletes and the risk of damage to the basketball courts. Please
remove the spikes from your shoes prior to entering. We will check shoes at the bullpen and starting line.
11. Facility Regulations - No food or drink will be allowed in the arena (other than water). Due to fire code, coaches
and athletes will not be allowed on the suspended track or on the connecting walkway. Coaches: Please make
sure your athletes are aware of these rules.
12. Shoe/Shirt Sale - Running shoes, spikes, and Weber State t-shirts will be for sale at a discounted price.
SCHEDULE OF EVENTS
NO SPIKES ALLOWED
4:30 p.m. Boys & Girls Shot Put: Trials and Finals (Two Rings)
Friday, January 19
4:30 p.m. Girls Long Jump: Trials and Finals (Boys to Follow)
6:30 p.m. Girls High Jump (Boys to Follow)
6:30 p.m. Pole Vault (Girls begin at 6'06, Boys join at 9'06)
Saturday, January 20Meet begins at 9:00am - Events will proceed in the following order:
Girls Run First in All Events
55m Hurdles Finals (1 Heat - Top 6)
55m Dash Finals (1 Heat - Top 6)
4 x 400m Relay
4 x 800m Relay
- No discussions yet. Be the first!